Friday, May 15, 2009

Joes grand canyon adventure,,,, 50 mile hike- no stoping

In the room before the hike began


Joe and his hiking buddy. They started at 10:00 at night..... no sleeping! and got done at 3:00- the next day... this was taken on the other side of the rim... 25 miles to go!




They put their Sprite in this river on the way down..... because thats all they want to drink when they are done hiking..... its pretty weird. But it was nice and cold when they got done....

all the guys the morning after the hike....
the next morning..... eating breakfast!! finally over!

4 comments:

Don and Sue said...

I love my crazy son-in-law!!!

Cory or Cari said...

How fun! I'm seriously jealous. But I think I'll stick with the shortened version. 50 miles is a killer. 16 hours? That's nuts. But I guess that's Joe isn't it? Overachiever.

miller said...

the pics are beautiful!! joe has such a good wife to let him do that long hike with his buddies!!!

miller said...

wow thats bananas who hikes 50 miles without stopping. thats for the birds. how hot was it?