Wednesday, February 3, 2010

It seems that Valentines day is upon us......

Or close to I guess. Anyways- I made this wreath for my door- so fun! and super easy!
Then for FHE We did a valentines craft, also easy- and the kids had a blast.
We grated Crayons. Or Macee Grated crayons. I cut out wax paper hearts. We put a heart down- then crayon- then another wax paper heart- then a towel- and ironed. It melted the crayon and created a redish pink heart. It was fun to see quick results- thats what you need with three kids under 4. We then strung string through the hearts- which was connected to a piece of ribbon (since we have a lot of that laying around the house) then hung it as a shandalere-(however that's spelled).
and the finished product...
On Sunday- we babysat our neighbor little girls- while their parents went to a baptism preview with their 8 year old son. It was our last sunday with them- they have now moved :(

So I made a bunch of sugar cookie hearts- and the girls had so much fun frosting and eating their cookies!
They didn't quite make it..........The girls finished hearts....

Macee played goalie for the first time last Saturday- and her daddy was happy to help! she loved goalie- she was proud that 3 balls made it through her net!

4 comments:

Robyn and Anthony said...

Hahaha I love that Macee is playing soccer- that is so fun! I totally remember playing soccer for many years and all I really cared about was getting a treat afterwards! I love all the valentines day decor!

Tara Fischbeck said...

LOL cute post. I will probably steal your ideas!

Andrea Hale said...

That is so cute, Jill! And your girls are stinkin' darling!

Grandma Buckley said...

Joe and Jill, can I just tell you how proud I am of you and the great parents you are. Your kids are so lucky-all of you are so lucky to belong to your loving family. I'm sure you're not perfect, but it seems that way to me. I loved all the pictures!! Thanks again for sharing your life with us. Such fun ideas for Valentines Day and the zoo looked so fun! I bet Macee is going to be a great soccer player especially with the expert coaching from her Dad! Love Ya Lots!! MOM Buckley